Ordinal numbers means when we say counting to refer to position as- We are at Car race and when car racing has fined then we want to know who wins the car race. The person who got first, will win car race. So here we refer position from first, Second, third, forth, fifth……. like this. So these numbers are called ordinal number but these numbers are in English ordinal number.
As you are learning Spanish language then you have to learn ordinal number in Spanish. So we it is little bit difference from English ordinal number. as- we say first in English language like if you want to say first in Spanish language then say ‘Primero’. We have given list of ordinal number in Spanish. Learn it from this list.
List of Ordinals number in Spanish:-
- First Primero
- Second Segundo
- Third Tercero
- Forth cuarto
- Fifth Quinto
- Sixth Sexto
- Seventh Séptimo
- Eighth Octavo
- Ninth Noveno
- Tenth Décimo
- Eleventh Undécimo
- Twelfth Duodécimo
- Thirteenth Decimotercero
- Fourteenth Decimocuarto
- Fifteenth Decimoquinto
- Sixteenth Decimosexto
- Seventeenth Decimoséptimo
- Eighteenth Decimoctavo
- Nineteenth Decimonoveno
- Twentieths Vigésimos
- Twenty first Veintiuno
- Twenty Second Vigesimo segundo
- Twenty third Vigésimo tercero
- Twenty forth Veinticuatro AVO
- Twenty fifth Vigésimo quinto
- Twenty sixth Veintiséis
- Twenty Seventh Veintisiete
- Twenty eighth Veintiocho
- Twenty ninth Vigésimo noveno
- Thirtieth Trigésimo
- Thirty first Treinta primero
- Thirty second Treinta segundos
- Thirty third Treinta y tres
- Thirty fourth Trigésimo cuarto
- Thirty Fifth Treinta quinto
- Thirty sixth Trigésimo sexto
- Thirty seventh Trigésimo séptimo
- Thirty eighth Trigésimo octavo
- Thirty ninth Trigésimo noveno
- Fortieth Cuadragésimo
- Forty first Cuadragésimo primero
- Forty second Cuarenta segundos
- Forty third Cuarenta y tres
- Forty fourth Cuarenta y cuatro
- Forty fifth Cuarenta y cinco
- Forty sixth Cuarenta y seis
- Forty seventh Cuadragésimo séptimo
- Forty eighth Cuarenta y ocho
- Forty ninth Cuarenta y nueve
- Fiftieth Quincuagésimo
So these are the ordinal numbers in Spanish. There are some formula by using these formula you do not need to learn it only understand these formula and make ordinal numbers by yourself.
How to learn ordinal number in Spanish:- Here are some methods for learning ordinal numbers easily and swiftly. Just follow these method and learn easily.
Method first:- In first method, I have mentioned below that how to learn easily first to twelfth ordinal numbers easily and swiftly.
- You have to learn by heart first to twelfth ordinal number by your self because there is no method for learning it. So you have to memorized it by yourself.
Method Second:- In second method, I have mentioned that how to learn easily thirteenth to nineteenth. So follow the method which is given below.
- There is a formula for it- Multiple of ten+Primero to Noveno ( which ordinal number you required).
- In Spanish, décimo means multiple of ten. So you have to put decimo in formula instead of multiple of ten.
- So you have to write ordinal numbers like this. we have given some example below. See and try to write. As:- English Formula Spanish
- 13th or Thirteenth Decimo+Tercero Decimotercero
- 14th or Fourteenth Decimo+cuarto Decimocuarto
- 15th or Fifteenth Decimo+Quinto DecimoQuinto
Note:- 18th does not follow this formula because -o is removed from decimo. So you can not write two O together. So memorized it in your memory.
Method third:- In Second method, I have mentioned that how to write 21 to 99 ordinal number in Spanish.
- This method is quite simple to learn. Just see following example and try to understand.
As- English Ordinal Formula Spanish
- 21st or Twenty first Vigésimos + Primero Vigésimos Primero
- 22nd or Twenty second Vigésimos + Segundo Vigésimos Segundo
- 31st or Thirty first Trigésimo + Primero Trigésimo Primero
- 32nd or thirty second Trigésimo + Segundo Trigésimo + Segundo
- 41st or Forty first Cuadragésimo + Primero CuadragésimoPrimero
Like this you can write every ordinal number in Spanish. Follow all formula which we have mentioned below. You can write one to hundred ordinal numbers in Spanish by using these method. I have given some other ordinal numbers which will help you to learn how to write ordinal numbers in Spanish.
English ordinal Spanish ordinal number
- 10th or tenth décimo
- 20th or twentieth vigésimo
- 30th or thirtieth trigésimo
- 40th or fortieth cuadragésimo
- 50th or Fiftieth quincuagésimo
- 60th or Sixtieth sexagésimo
- 70th or Seventieth septuagésimo
- 80th or Eightieth octagésimo
- 90th or Ninetieth nonagésimo
- 100th or Hundredth centésimo
- 200th ducentésimo
- 300th tricentésimo
- 400th cuadringentésimo
- 500th quingentésimo
- 600th sexcentésimo
- 700th septingentésimo
- 800th octingentésimo
- 900th noningentésimo
- 1000th milésimo
Past hundredth ordinals number you can write it by you using following pattern.
English Fomula Spanish
482th cuadringentésimo+octagésimo+ Segundo cuadringentésimo octagésimo segundo
Like this you can write all ordinal numbers in Spanish. So learn how to write all ordinal numbers in Spanish. It is very, the only thing you have to do that just understand all pattern. If once you understand the pattern then it will automatically comes to you.