“Hello” is one of the most common word in the whole world. It’s a greeting which is said by everyone whenever they meet. “Hello” or hi or hey are different types that you can use according to the person whom you are saying. However hello is more like formal type. Hello word is pretty much important to tourist people. This is how you are going to start your conversation to a stranger in a completely different country. It’s very important to learn how to say “hello” to different people in different situations.
Spanish is a beautiful language and it’s spoken in many countries. Probably you will travel to one of those countries soon and hence you should be aware of all basic terminology which will help you a lot. There are many ways of saying hello in Spanish. It differs a little bit from location to location and also depends upon how familiar you are with the person.
Here are most common ways of saying “Hello” in Spanish:
- ¡Hola! – (oh-la) Where H is silent. It’s the most common used across Spanish nations. You can say ¡Hola! for “Hi” or “Hey” as well.
- ¡Oiga! – It can also be used for Hello. It’s also used for Listen!, See here! etc..
- ¡Diga! – It’s not very much common. Hence used at certain times only.
- ¡Aló! – It’s also not commonly used but can be used to say Hello.
- ¡Bueno! – It’s normally used for “Good” and “Well”. However at many places you can simply say ¡Bueno! to start your conversation.
If you are more familiar with the person to whom you are saying then you can also use:
- “¿Que pasa?” – Saying this will start your conversation with “What’s happening?”.
- “¿Que hay?” – It simply means “What’s new”.
- “¿Qúe tal?” – What’s up and How’s it going? are the terms for this word.
Here are few other way of saying it differently depending upon the person-
- Hello My Friend – Hola mi amigo
- Hello How are you – Hola, cómo estás
- Hello Sir – hola Señor
- Hello Madam – Hola señora
- Hello Beautiful – Hola hermosa
- Hello Gorgeous – Hola preciosa
- Hello My love – Hola mi amor – Also used for Hello My Dear
- Hello Handsome – Hola guapo
- Hello Sweetie – Hola cariño
- Hello Sunshine – Hola amanecer
- Hello Sweetheart – Hola cariño
- Hello Pretty Lady – Hola Bella dama
- Hello Professor – Hola profesor
- Hello Pleased to Meet you – Hola encantado de conocerte
Now you can combine and form new sentences with the help of above sentences. These are not so hard to remember. You simply need to practice by saying it for few days. Try to say hello to random people. It’s considered good and you can meet some good guys along the way. Hopefully it will help you out. Learn some basic spanish sentences from here.